Web Development Services
Turning your vision into reality
A template restaurant application built with Next.js and hosted on Vercel. Includes menus, testimonials, an about page and a contact form.
- Fast navigation
- Use of getStaticProps means that pages are pre-rendered at build time, leading to faster navigation within the app.
- Dynamic pages
- Pages are generated dynamically based on the available data, meaning that new pages can be quickly and simply added.
- Dynamic sitemap
- The sitemap is generated dynamically, so Google always knows when you add a new page.
- Mobile compatible
- All pages reformat to render beautifully on mobile devices.
Meals of Change
An app that allows users to share their own plant-based recipes. The front-end is built with Next JS and hosted on Vercel, the backend is a Rails API hosted on Heroku, with image hosting on S3.
- Search engine friendly
- Hosted on Vercel, the front-end utilises the standout features of Next.js including getStaticPaths and getStaticProps, which fetch data from the API and pre-render it at build time, making it available to search engine crawlers.
- Ruby on Rails API
- Hosted on Heroku, the separated backend handles the application's data. This separation of concerns allows flexibility, as new front-ends (for example, an iOS app) could be added seemlessly, without the need to update the existing code.
- S3 image hosting
- User-uploaded photos are hosted on Amazon's S3 service. Photos are uploaded to and fetched from S3 by the front-end (only the metadata is sent too/from the API) meaning faster uploads and photo rendering.
My home for everything code. A Next.js app hosted on Vercel that includes a deep-dive into some of my public projects, templates and packages, and 'My story', which details how I got into coding and my motivation to code.
- Ideal blogging platform
- Built so that adding a new Markdown file, the app's homepage, the relevant section page, and the sitemap all update automatically, this app is perfect for anyone who wants to focus just on creating content.
- Tailwind styling
- Barring some minor customisation, the app utilises Tailwind's typography plugin to beautifully render Markdown articles.
- Syntax highlighting
- Want to write about your code? This app uses Remark with the remark-prism plugin, so the code blocks in your Markdown articles are beautifully styled and easily readable.
- Email feedback
- The contact form uses the SendGrid API so that any user feedback is delivered straight to your inbox.
A personal project to allow me to "check-in" from my current location, as a way of allowing people to find where in the world I am.
- React front-end
- The front-end is built with pure React and hosted on Netlify. It includes a sign-in form and a "check-in" form, which utilises my phone's GPS to send my current location to the API.
- Ruby on Rails API
- My login data and "check-ins" are stored in the PostgreSQL database of this separated Rails API that's hosted on Heroku.
- Mapbox API
- The locations are fetched from the database, and using the Mapbox API via the react-map-gl package, are plotted to a map, allowing site visitors to see exactly where I am and have been.
- Cloudinary image hosting
- Uploaded images and hosted on Cloudinary.
An indistinct game where players must neatly fit falling blocks into lines at ever-increasing speeds, by moving and rotating them.
- Built with React and hosted on Firebase, this game can be played straight in your browser.
- Redux Toolkit
- This app does not use images. Instead, the gameboard is stored as state in Redux Toolkit, and the CSS is updated based on changes made to this state automatically or by the user.
- Mobile friendly
- This app was designed with mobile in mind, so no keyboard, no problem. You can play with just your phone, from wherever you are.
- Local storage
A free, no obligation video consultation to discuss your needs and establish the scale of work. This is necessary prior to purchasing any packages.
I will build you a custom client-side web application with Next.js, ideal for a personal site, blog, or small business web presence. Available features include:
- Splash page
- Information pages
- Contact form
- CTA section
- Dynamic sitemap
I will build you a full-stack application consisting of a Next.js frontend and a Ruby on Rails API. Available features include:
- Everything in website package
- PostgreSQL database
- User sign-up/login
- Image hosting
- User input forms
- Database search
I will take care of hosting your website or full-stack application. Available features include:
- Front-end hosting on Vercel or Netlify
- API hosting on Heroku
- Custom domain setup
- Google search console setup
- Site update deployment
Have an existing application? I will add new features or fix existing problems, including:
- New features
- Bug fixes
- Code refactoring
- Adding tests
Get in touch
To arrange a consultation, contact me here and I will get back to you. Please provide as much detail as possible.
Alternatively, I can be contacted by email email or on social media.